How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Albuquerque
Home security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of additions all built to provide comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Albuquerque.
How To Set Up Your Albuquerque Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting the components in the best places around your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your patio, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your main entryway through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room could reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Albuquerque. The additions shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your phone the instant strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when movements are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually speak to people through the camera. Through ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more complete look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up footage of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore animals passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Albuquerque is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (505) 317-6311 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.